Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why I love walking

Apart from the health benefits I get from walking, there are three reasons why I love taking walks in the afternoon:

1. It is a special time for me and my husband to regroup. We talk about anything and everything under the sun. It is also a good opportunity for us to plan the days ahead.

2. When not talking, we also get to appreciate silence while walking. We are both comfortable with silence and we're lucky that we're both okay with it. Silence is our form of daily meditation. Silence heals us.

3. Walking gives me more time to daydream. I'm a daydreamer and I love it. Lately, I've been daydreaming about our future house. I find it very therapeutic.

Everyday I look forward to walking...and to talking, silence, and daydreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment