Sunday, March 20, 2011

upcoming projects

Our kitchen still smells of newly baked cookies.  I usually make them from scratch but today, I gave in and used a store bought mix.  Next week is my husband's birthday week. He is not a big fan of birthday parties and presents so I always have to come up with simple gestures which he appreciates more.

For his birthday, I will attempt to bake my first cake. I will be channeling Sandra Lee and make a semi-homemade chocolate cake.  For the icing, I find Ina Garten's basic chocolate buttercream as the easiest one to make.  Hmm...maybe I'll put some chocolate ganache in between layers.

My second project is Tate's Double Chocolate Almond Cookies. Here is the recipe from another blog.  I will post pictures soon.

I'm too excited I'm getting sugar rush already.

No comments:

Post a Comment