Thursday, March 17, 2011

iShop

I am obsessed with love shopping.  I am not embarassed to admit that I am borderline shopaholic. Whoever invented the term retail therapy clearly knows what it's all about.  Last Sunday, Target came out with their GO International Designer Collective . As soon as they announced it, I marked the day in my calendar and vowed to be one of the first to view the collection. The day before, I was too excited and wished it were Sunday already. Oh, the collection is beautiful!! The dresses by Proenza Schouler, Thakoon and Zac Posen were TDF!  I wanted to buy one of each. Sadly, my conscience (read: the husband) talked me out of buying any. Oh it was heartbreaking. Deep in my heart though, I know that my closet is full of clothes (still with price tags) that I have yet to wear.  I was depressed for a day. When I got home, I turned on the TV and watched the news. Seeing the tsunami devastation made me realize how lucky I am and there's really no need to buy material things right now especially when in other parts of the world, there are people with no houses and clothes to wear.

My sister gave the most rational alibi: They are just clothes and everybody in your town will be wearing the same thing.

Ok, I feel so much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment