Friday, August 26, 2011

Printed Books vs Ebooks


I actually like 'em both. I still find collecting printed books very nostalgic.  I like buying books from the bookstore because I have yet to fulfill my dream of having a library at home. I love how my printed books are piled up all over the bedroom. The old books are put on the shelves while the new books are piled on the floor until I have finished reading them.  I also still find satisfaction in turning the pages of my printed books. At the same time, I'm actually growing fond of my Nook Color. I'm always fascinated by the portability of most of my electronic gadgets. Most people like the fact that ebook readers take away the clutter and environmental issues that come with printed books. More than reading books, I like reading magazines in my Nook. With magazines, I don't care much if it's printed or electronic. The best feature though that my Nook offers that I can't have in printed books is the dictionary. One tap on the word and voila, out comes the meaning/etymology/pronunciation. It's the coolest thing. I have to be careful though. Sometimes when I'm reading my printed books and see a new word, I'd touch the page as if it were my ebook. Thank God I haven't had any public incident with that. I know that there is a growing competition between printed and electronic media. I try to support both because losing either one would be very devastating for avid readers like me.

2 comments:

  1. I also love them both. It's my passion having a big, diversified library with hundreds of books, but also I read eBooks, because I can find some interesting ones on All you can books and reading them on my little device whenever I'm not busy.

    ReplyDelete