Saturday, June 4, 2011

Confession: I'm a Lip Balm Hoarder

I was going through my bag contents yesterday and I noticed that I have accumulated lip balms enough to last me three months. Aacckk! I don't know why I'm so obsessed in trying out different brands of lip balms.  Maybe because I'm forever hung up on having the perfect smooth lips.  Everywhere I go, it seems like the weather is too harsh on my lips.  Here's what I have so far:

1. The new Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia
2. Carmex Lip Balm in Mint with SPF 30
3. Blistex Medicated Lip Balm with SPF 15
4. Vaseline Advanced Lip Therapy
5. EOS in Honeysuckle Honeydew


I know I also have Body Shop's Raspberry Lip Balm and Yojiya's Lip Balm hidden somewhere.  I like the fact that Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm moisturizes and gives color to my lips at the same time.  It comes in a big tube but the actual lip balm is just what's pictured above.  I find it a bit pricey but Burt's Bees products usually are.  Carmex Lip balms are soothing to my lips and it has SPF.  Before Carmex, I've been using Chapstick.  After Carmex, I don't think I'll ever go back to Chapstick. I keep my Blistex in my bathroom vanity and apply it morning and night.  It's the cheapest  too!  I started using Vaseline Lip Therapy seven years ago when I had a nasty lip allergy.  My doctor recommended it and it's been my go-to lip balm everytime my lips become way too dry.  It's just a bit thick and heavy like petroleum jelly.  This is my first time to try EOS.  I've heard some nice reviews about it so I decided to give it a go see.  The packaging is cute and it smells yummy. The price isn't so bad as well.  Plus, it's environmental friendly!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to find the "ultimate" lipstick for dry lips. My lips were easily dried out, especially for winter. I'm using Vaseline Lip Therapy for 3+ years, but I doubt if there is something better than that on the market. I used yojiya before and I think it's better. But yen is so expensive now, is there any other alternatives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody,

    In my experience, Vaseline Lip Therapy is really the best one to use for winter dry lips. It works best against nasty cold winds in the winter. I also got into the habit of applying lip balm at night before going to bed. Just make sure to use one that doesn't have SPF. Anything with SPF is only for daytime use and can be bad when used at night. For night time use, I just apply EOS lip balm. Godd luck on your search for the ultimate lip balm! Let me know if you discover a better product:-)

    ReplyDelete